SQ Subwoofer

OP just pick one and run with it. You probably couldn't tell the difference in the options that you've been given. Ported or sealed is an entirely different story. Just because it's ported doesn't mean it isn't SQ.

Agreed for once, lol. A properly tuned/sized ported enclosure will have very low group delay in the listening range and be much more efficient.

Sealed are definitely eaiser to EQ and model and build, but if you have the time/money to build a few ported enclosures and change volumes/tuning you can get a very good sounding and more efficient substage.

Matt

Agreed for once, lol. A properly tuned/sized ported enclosure will have very low group delay in the listening range and be much more efficient.

Sealed are definitely eaiser to EQ and model and build, but if you have the time/money to build a few ported enclosures and change volumes/tuning you can get a very good sounding and more efficient substage.

Matt

For once! LMAO

I wanted to do a single 8w7 but it's 750cdn here.

So I'm going to do a single sundown SA8 inna sealed box. Do I have enough room with 10wide 10high 9deep

I have had every size type r, w3, w7, and w6 me personally a Sq pure Sq is a toss up between w3 and w6 when it comes to Sq sub jl gets down. I'm not the most knowledgeable when it come to ts vs box size but I have ran more subs than the average shop carries I agree with w6 since it's smaller in size

I'm not looking to do JL or change my size in subwoofer. The cost of getting a new JL 8w7 I could have a new sundown SA8 with custom ported box. So I'm sticking with just a single 8 and going by those dimensions

@Bobbytwonames you are absolutely correct I didn't consider that fact because I look at it a little differently I constantly buy and sell equipment and I have never paid more than 200.00 for a w6 but I also think brand new type rs are more than 125.00 new. With that being said on a budget scale I'd definitely explore different options

Type R prices new are stupid now. Used to be a great woofer on a budget and now they are approaching JL territory for some of their stuff.

That’s enough space to port a single SA8. They recommend .65 after displacement

How are these build?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...