SQ Subwoofer

If I do ported is it better to tune the box low so I dont get a peaky response?
Almost all of the subs in this thread recommend tuning in the 30-34hz range. A sub that's advertised as a good daily driver should offer good lowend ability but have a motor design that will still allow for accuracy/output in the upper portion of the bass (50-80hz range).

This might sound like a dumb question but can you tune a sealed box?
for the most part, nope, after a certain airspace you see miniscule changes. You can get slight shifts in the low end while sacrificing some with a much bigger box but its nothing to write home about at all. Most people cant even tell the difference. Honestly you are literally just stuck with the frequency response your vehicle acoustics give you and thats it.

As said earlier you can EQ but thats not really optimal,

This might sound like a dumb question but can you tune a sealed box?

No. Porting usually gives you some flexibility to shape your output once you know what effects the vehicle acoustics factor in. You can buy some adjustable length round ports and play around to dial it in to your liking.

I can vouch for the Brahma being a great sounding and capable driver. There's a couple of the originals around this area and they're really great. W7 is also nice but MSRP is a bit outrageous I think. Either of those are 1000W subs. The IDMax is more of a 500W sub but if you're not going for more power than that they're very nice in their power range. Add Dayton to the low power list too. I've only used their mids and tweets myself but there's enough guys swear by Dayton subs that I'd feel safe in recommending them either.

No. Porting usually gives you some flexibility to shape your output once you know what effects the vehicle acoustics factor in. You can buy some adjustable length round ports and play around to dial it in to your liking.

I can vouch for the Brahma being a great sounding and capable driver. There's a couple of the originals around this area and they're really great. W7 is also nice but MSRP is a bit outrageous I think. Either of those are 1000W subs. The IDMax is more of a 500W sub but if you're not going for more power than that they're very nice in their power range. Add Dayton to the low power list too. I've only used their mids and tweets myself but there's enough guys swear by Dayton subs that I'd feel safe in recommending them either.

Yeah I'm looking for something probably around the 1000RMS range. Audiofrog, W7, and Brahma are looking great right now

Unless you can find a great deal on a W7, I’d get the frog or adire. For that power, I’d lean more towards the adire. The frogs do like small boxes which is a plus though.

i ran my brahma sealed in quite a few different enclosures 1.5 to .65cuft. .65 to .75 sounded the best, still plenty of low end i was impressed

Was your the 12? I want to be able to hit the notes on rap songs but still sound really good and not overpowering. The bigger sealed box you go the more lower end youll get
yes single 12".... anything over 1.25 she bottomed out way to easily on the lows...not much difference on the low freq. with a bigger box vs smaller. sounded way cleaner/accurate 50hz+ in smaller enclosure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.