How big are your 15's?

Participant count
  • Participants list

jt4x4

CarAudio.com Exclusive
ND
My Deaf Bonce subs are listed as 15's, but they do not measure 15". The cones measure ~11" in diameter, and the surrounds measure ~14" in diameter. Cone area is pretty important in this game, so I'm curious how different brands stack up.
Resized_20200808_175256_5019.jpegResized_20200808_175415_3763.jpeg

Mostly because i have diagnosed OCD, but also because some competitions set classes based on driver size.
A 15 whether its smallish cone-wise will be 176in2... you ever see judges out there pulling measurements on the cone splitting hairs over surround size?

A 15 whether its smallish cone-wise will be 176in2... you ever see judges out there pulling measurements on the cone splitting hairs over surround size?
I'm not worried about being disqualified; I'm worried about being underqualified.

Please stick to answering my question.

I honestly can't tell if that was sarcasm or not. Please confirm before I reply..

Edit: i quoted wrong.

I honestly can't tell if that was sarcasm or not. Please confirm before I reply..

Edit: i quoted wrong.
I'm happy for you with regarding your purchase. Surround size is something that is accounted for in any speaker. A 15 s a 15 whether you have 130in2 of Sd or 160in2 of sd.
Power those DB right and enclose em' correctly and you'll see some db's... lol

ya... great quote

Mostly because i have diagnosed OCD, but also because some competitions set classes based on driver size.

I understand the OCD talk. OCD sukks. I had to have my wife make the bed and fold the towels. With my OCD, that kind of **** would take forever for me to do. It had to be perfect or I thought something bad would happen. OCD is no joke.

I understand the OCD talk. OCD sukks. I had to have my wife make the bed and fold the towels. With my OCD, that kind of **** would take forever for me to do. It had to be perfect or I thought something bad would happen. OCD is no joke.

Yeah, it's definitely exhausting. My girlfriend thinks I'm lazy because projects take me so long due to overthinking everything. It took me about four hours to install my new alternator and run the cable to the battery. I must've tried ten different routes, and I'm still not entirely satisfied with how it looks.

Yeah, it's definitely exhausting. My girlfriend thinks I'm lazy because projects take me so long due to overthinking everything. It took me about four hours to install my new alternator and run the cable to the battery. I must've tried ten different routes, and I'm still not entirely satisfied with how it looks.
You can always check out the manuals. Here's mine, the cone is ~13.82in or 351mm. The only thing (kinda) standardized is the ring diameter and mounting hole. Even those can vary a little bit.
4.PNG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.