Splicing different gauge speaker wires together

nstillmatic
10+ year member

My component set comes with the typical wires to wire everything together, but the wiring needs to be extended to reach the trunk. The wire I need to extend is a higher gauge than the 16 gauge knuconceptz I have. Do I need to buy different speaker wire or can I just splice them together?

oK......What if you join 18 gauge wire and 16 gauge wire together?

My tweeter wire to my crossover is too short and I THINK its 18 gauge and I have some 16 gauge wire laying around and want to cut the tweeter wire and add some more length, but its not the same gauge wire.....Possible?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

As long as you don't overpower them, there is no danger of harming your gear, once you get a new sub so they are both the same, you will likely...
Almost all brands operate the same way. Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood. The technology is based on what sounds it can produce. Basically all brands...
THIS IS THE SAME AS THIS: One coil + to the other coil - (on each). The other + & - to the terminal block. Terminal blocks wired straight...
Hello back, For those who are also looking for a problem of sh*t bass, after such a long time of fighting, I come to a conclusion that the...

About this thread

nstillmatic

10+ year member
nstillmatic
Cleveland, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from