Which alt would u choose?

Participant count
  • Participant list

pimpnyou204
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I talked to be both EA and dc power for my alternator and I was told different things and I wanna know which u guys would choose..

EA said I needed a bracket for theirs ($250) and then the alt 425 so 675. Their output is 300 amps tho and I believe 160 idle

Dc told me 625 and it would be a direct bolt on 270 150 idle..

Just curious which brand u thought was better and if u knew a cheaper way to make or get a bracket and the car is a 2010 Nissan Altima coupe

if you looked a little bit, not even very hard. you would notice buck has this exact same thread 3 pages long going now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Yes I seen but his is simple EA simply bcuz it's cheaper for him but for me their about the same price and I was really hopin someone knew a way to rig up a bracket or something

I think even with those prices I'd do the EA.
I've given it some thought if they are gonna make me a bracket for it then there won't really be any difference than most other alternators besides wiring right? If so I could if something happens and I get rid of my car I can get a new bracket and put it on that one right? Also are EA alternators as good as dc?

Bump

Kind of looking for a little more input on brand qualities, difference in 30 amps max (idles are the same,) and since the EA will be on a bracket if it would be interchangeable on cars assuming the plugs were correct...

So most the EA models aren't bolt on tho right? Which would u think would do rated and have a good longevity since my cars new I'd be needing it to last a long time.. Hopefully. From what I heard dc has a very good idle rate but unless someone car verify it I think I'm gonna go with EA bcuz I can swap it out on cara and for a better possible resale value.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.