Splaudio's custom subs thread

whuuu close one, i almost ran out of my ca glue. what i use for the most part is ez bond black it isnt thick but soaks in spiders so nice. you cant get to bubble and very hard to get any white bloom.

i just tried some really thick a company wanted me to try but was soo touchy on the bloom and bubble ez too.

ca glue is not ca glue!

no kidding, i use this clear stuff from one of my suppliers that just comes in a giant clear bottle with a little paper label with the suppliers name on it. who knows what brand they are relabeling and selling me but it sure works good and is stable, never had it bubble or haze on me like cheap stuff.

one day in an absolute pinch i went to home depot and got some gorilla brand super glue, it is a little thinner then i like but it actually worked amazingly well. i would not be afraid to keep some of it on hand for emergency cases.

do you use rubberized CA on anything?

to get a great glue joint use sand paper. always sand id of the cone,back of the dust cap and if ur spiders are realllly stiff where they contact the basket, also basket.

why you do this is to open up the material to accept the glue to soak into better...

what i use is black ca there after it cures i use bout 1oz of 5 min epoxy and puddle it there. when building spl woofers you want to cover at least 1" all the way around the former with epoxy for strength.

just ordered a few hundred m6 bolts whuuuu

what i use is black ca there after it cures i use bout 1oz of 5 min epoxy and puddle it there. when building spl woofers you want to cover at least 1" all the way around the former with epoxy for strength.
just ordered a few hundred m6 bolts whuuuu
Looking for some daily ground pounder 12's that will get loooud around 30hz ran off a mmats 2000.1....got anything for me? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif haha.

Quick question. When gluing the spiders to the former, how do you align the spiders properly so that the voice coil is centered in the gap? I've read a bunch of threads on reconing but none seem to touch upon this question.

Thanks.

easy, measure ur coil and put a dot with a marker in the middle.

next measure ur top plate and divide that number by 2 and measure up from the dot on ur coil and mark it.

this mark should be same height as ur top plate.

with a loose basket set ur coil and spider up before gluing then pull the basket off and coil mark should be even with the bottom of the basket.

make sure ur using the rite coil and have enuff rearward clearence too.

hope this help answer ur question....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.