is wiring messed up

Participant count
  • Participant list

legitmod

Hey everyone im new to this site and hope to meet some cool people now to the point lol... Ok so I brought a 3XL-151D which is a dual ohm sub I have a OKUR A7 2000.1 mono class D amp now I had a shop install it in my girls truck but recently took it out cause she's selling it and the car she's getting wont fit this bad boy so im giving her my 12s and taking the 15 the problem is I didn't mark the wires so I had to take the speaker out to see whats positive and negitive but as I was doing so I was looking through the manuals and the sub is wired as a 2ohm but the wiring is confusing here are some pics but to explain thers for wires cant explain ill show the pics maybe some one can say if the way it is necessary. My girl always complained about a electric smell so I dont know if he wired it wrong or what. when I read the manual to the speaker the sub is wired in parallel which means linked which makes it 2ohms but there's only one speaker but if it were wired in series then the load would be 1/2ohms thats just one speaker so im wondering is the amp to much for this speaker or is wiring wrong...
65e4c56bc72b886f71f12fa16904bace.jpg
cd460cc3f1fbf8dfe2c7b222eed5cbe7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When i run into a situation like this, i like to start over. if you wire in parallel youll be dropping to .5 ohm, if you wire it up in series, youll get 2 ohms. it is a dual voice coil, so you can have this luxury, without requiring another woofer. As i looked up your amplifier, it doesnt say it can go down to .5 ohms, you could run into a problem. but someone said they put it to .5 without running hot. Follow the wiring diagram given in your owners manual, and connect it to the box yourself, looking at the pictures its a tad confusing myself.

Are the negative and positive coming off the Sub, eletrical taped together, or under the tape are they seperated. Electrical smell maybe?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.