Where should I Start? (Help with my build)

H2SER

The toe
I'm looking to upgrade the sound on my 2006 civic coupe. It comes with tweeters and navi and an 8"inch (sub) in the rear deck.

I want the whole works subs, speakers, tweeters, amps, etc.

Should I start with subs and amps or HU and speakers

I think it would help the experts if you advise your music preference.

In my opinion I say start with an aftermarket H/U and sub first.

Also, most likely others will ask budget, etc.

Rap. People like gucci mane I'm sure you've heard of his work haa.

I'm looking for that ground shaking bass I guess that means SPL

I was looking at DD subs but they have different series I'm confused.

Budget of 1k but can go as high as 1.5k

The HU is what looks the most expensive to me. I want a touch screen HU since that is what I already have. I'm also looking for one with USB and AUX ports and maybe even DVD player.. What brands and models are popular and proven?

When I joined just recently I was very confused about subs but do some reading through the subwoofer section. Taught me alot in a short amount of time. Also read the enclosure section which will also give you great insight. Sub enclosure is a super critical aspect when it comes to subs. A sub or subs need to be used with an enclosure that has the correct amount of internal volume so they perform properly. Tuning of ported enclosues is also important. Hence it's a good idea to have your enclosure built by someone, avoid prefab units. There are great fabricators here.

Sundown subs get great reviews and alot of mention. There are plenty of others. Def do some reading on this forum.

In general budget and overall goals for your system will determine alot.

H/U's I can't really help with but you are in good hands with the people here!!!

I will leave it here so the experts can chime in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
When you say you are looking for that "ground shaking bass" I am not sure how loud you are necessarily wanting to get. If you are actually looking to get loud I would say the best place to start would be with your electrical: H.o alt, batts, and a nice amount of 1/0 guage but it will get expensive fast

Also what size subs will you be looking into? 12's?

New H/U and speakers, upgraded electrical system, and ground shaking bass for 1.5K? I agree with NoLoud4U keep your current H/U, saved money already. Keep your speakers and electrical the way they are, for now. What i'd do first is subwoofer and amp. build your own box with the help of an experienced craftsman. Saved more money. Whatevers left in your budget i'd put towards Big 3 upgrade if u can. Regarding your speakers, Touchscreen DVD/Navi headunit, and sound damping material, keep saving cause i just dont see u doing a full system upgrade from start to finish with 1 or 1.5k. Not for big SPL numbers anyway

I want loud but not competition loud just want something better than everyone else in my neighborhood haa.

1.5k was a starting point If money wasn't an issue what would you guys recommend? Yes I'm looking at two 12's

You r exactly where I'm at got a new to me 2013 focus with a trunk it has decent components for now just need bass same music really like yelawolf. got about a grand for subs ,amp ,and wiring ,prob need a loc too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.