SPL with a single 8" Sub... More sound with less.

I think it will be very hard to top DD for 6.5'' subs

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Your playing all frequencies with 2 type r 10's and your ONLY at high 140's. Sounds to me like you should be pretty happy with that.
if it was low 150's I probably would be but high 140's and 2 10's is nothing to brag about.

I think it will be very hard to top DD for 6.5'' subs 

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

if it was low 150's I probably would be but high 140's and 2 10's is nothing to brag about.

Still pretty impressive if its a daily box by any means.

i did a 134.5 with a sa8 v 1.5 ran off my sundown 100.4 bridged on 2 chan as soon as i get my new amp ill throw more power and see what happens. box is single 3" aero .67 net tuned to 33

i did a 134.5 with a sa8 v 1.5 ran off my sundown 100.4 bridged on 2 chan as soon as i get my new amp ill throw more power and see what happens. box is single 3" aero .67 net tuned to 33
I did a drop in 133.3 with my cvl-8 on a JL 250/1. This was with a 3" aero and .75 cubes before sub disp. Sounded great too, tuned at 35hz

I finished the new box for 8" sonance sub. When I run the CVL its a single 4 ohm so rating from the 20.1 is 450 watts, when I run SPLaudios sub the amp is at 1 ohm so rating would be 1800 watts. Now at first I was reaching mechanical limits quickly at about 1/2 volume with SPlaudios 8" in .82 cubes before sub displacement. So I made a smaller box hoping this would help at .6 cubes before displacement. The sub still wont take anything over half power (~900 watts) and its quieter than the cvl and the cvl is getting half the power. The sub efficiency seems to be really low or otherwise im hearing mechanical noise because it wasnt built very well (not sure if its tinsel slap or coil rub but its a very short ting noise on punchy notes and its made the noise since I got the sub). Either way im disappointed in the sub that was built for me. I also asked if there was other options for more power handling or what my options are and he didnt really give me a response previous to ordering. When I let SPL audio know about this sound he instantly said I damaged the spider from over excursion but ive not pushed the sub at all and im always listening for distortion/feeling for heat. Afterwards he told me that the sound was the sub hitting its mechanical limits because the box was too big(reason why I built the smaller box) and that if I wanted a high excursion 8 it would have costed me twice as much but I was never given this option when I asked previously. Not too happy with my experience to say the least //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.

im sure Corey will make things right, he has always taken care of us with everything.
I sure hope so, I was expecting a custom sub on 900 rms to be louder than the cvl on 450. Not to mention I expected the sub to take more than 900rms esp. in a box thats around .54 after sub disp.

I sure hope so, I was expecting a custom sub on 900 rms to be louder than the cvl on 450. Not to mention I expected the sub to take more than 900rms esp. in a box thats around .54 after sub disp.
but you're not giving it 900rms, unless you gain matched it to 900ish. did you make sure you did that? and wasnt clipping? just asking to eliminate other issues

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.