SPL with a single 8" Sub... More sound with less.

Or u could sell her to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I am going to keep the little fella....ya never know......

I ended up going with .7cuft with 19" of port tuned to 45hz and had it running on a clamped 1600 at the time. (for burps)

In the process of building a smaller box with a bigger port //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. This sub is unloading extremely quickly but I did not mention that im throwing almost 2/3's of the power from a 20.1 at 1 ohm. Which is approximately what SPLaudio had rated it at (roughly 1000rms). This sub should wang with a few tricks. Ill keep you guys posted!
8's will unload faster....smaller cone area...

you could try using a loading wall and try and load the port some if you can. My 1508 in the above .7@45 would play good down to about 35ish...

after that not so well at higher levels.

I hear ya, I wish my cvl was a D2 so I could see the potential in it. But this new sub should be really close to where I wanna be. I just can't wait to see the look on peoples faces //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. Thats what its all about. My box was very similar to yours but my sub isnt liking the size so im going to be playing around with it. Im not going to spell out how im getting loud on here after that. Ill just post the numbers im achieving.

I hear ya, I wish my cvl was a D2 so I could see the potential in it. But this new sub should be really close to where I wanna be. I just can't wait to see the look on peoples faces //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. Thats what its all about. My box was very similar to yours but my sub isnt liking the size so im going to be playing around with it. Im not going to spell out how im getting loud on here after that. Ill just post the numbers im achieving.
The looks can be priceless!!

The last time I had it installed, I embarrassed a fellow co-worker that had a 10w7. I am now running a 3512d1 on twice the power!

Think its time to do something for the wife's (my car) car....

8's will unload faster....smaller cone area...you could try using a loading wall and try and load the port some if you can. My 1508 in the above .7@45 would play good down to about 35ish...

after that not so well at higher levels.
Yup, my box that was similar had very similar results as far as sound, not punchy at all, but certainly loud. Range was only probably from 35-60 that I could play tho with any reasonable power.

Yup, my box that was similar had very similar results as far as sound, not punchy at all, but certainly loud. Range was only probably from 35-60 that I could play tho with any reasonable power.
believe it or not, it was quite punchy and actually sounded great. Just not much below 35hz.

Keep us posted!

I think pete kulicki did 150 in his crx with a soundsplinter RLI 8

getting loud with a small subs isn't that hard only problem is when you have the room for a creative enclosure people usually go with a bigger sub.

edit: I'm also using a loading wall with my 10's to play down to single digit freq full tilt.

I think pete kulicki did 150 in his crx with a soundsplinter RLI 8 getting loud with a small subs isn't that hard only problem is when you have the room for a creative enclosure people usually go with a bigger sub.

edit: I'm also using a loading wall with my 10's to play down to single digit freq full tilt.
Single digits is totally unnecessary but im sure you get some flex. And thats impressive to get low without bottoming out.

it was just a goal, I have very little flex actually. I have the voids in my uni body filled with insulation to try and absorb as much as possible. I only wanted to play all freq with my enclosure right now it's only at high 140's on music with a DD m2 at .5 2 type r 10's

it was just a goal, I have very little flex actually. I have the voids in my uni body filled with insulation to try and absorb as much as possible. I only wanted to play all freq with my enclosure right now it's only at high 140's on music with a DD m2 at .5 2 type r 10's
Your playing all frequencies with 2 type r 10's and your ONLY at high 140's. Sounds to me like you should be pretty happy with that.

Got the new sub in with the new sized box, ordered some aero port extensions as this one isnt gonna cut it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. Pretty loud and sounds like ****, need to lower tuning a bit. Will keep you guys updated!

when ur interested in a monster 8" let me know. with more work can use a 6.5" spider and taller basket and have almost 50% more usable throw...
I know a lot of org's only count subs that are 8" or larger..you should play around with 6.5" and see what you can make lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.