SPL or SQ?

spl=sound pressure level, in easier terms, how loud it is. sq=sound quality, which is self explanatory. some subs with good sq would be: jlw3, w6, or w7, infinity perfect, alpine type r, pretty much any eclipse, and theres more, but i just woke up, dont feel like typ[ing too much. =Þ

well of course subs does matter but for me i think obtaining SQ or SPL depends on how r u goin to make the enclosure...

enclosure is a major factor in this SQ and SPL stuff.

so choose the sub that will suit u but dont forget that the right parameters of the enclosure matters a lot.

SPL=sound pressure level... measure in DB(decibels) by a db meter

SQ=Sound quality...if its pleasant to the ears then it has good sound quality... :p :p :p

I bought a 1.25cf Dual 3/4" MDF Hatch-style box to go with the 12" subs I'll get. It's the biggest I can fit in the car, will it go okay with the subs I want above?

Well i'll help you out. The difference is taht sq is how good your system sounds. As if you were to get some INFINITY REFFERENCE subwoofers they would have good sound quality. SPL this is how hard your system bumps. If you want a sub that hits really really hard get the new 15" KICKER SOLOBARIC L7. This will blow all the other people away.

Glad i could help if i did

TRAVIS BRUNS

GILLETTE WYOMING

I agree with the guy above me very strongly. SQ is sound quality, hence, the quality of sound that your speakers can reproduce. A good example of this is the seven hundred dollar JL W7 or the Infinity Perfect. SPL is sound pressure level. The harder that your sub hits the better SPL that it has. Sub manufacturers that strive for superior SPL would be Digital Designs, Kicker, MMats, and so on... The best thing you can do is look around if you are looking for a new speaker. I have 2 Kicker 15" L7s and I thought that they would not be loud enough... Frankly, I am now scared to turn them up halfway past their capable power. They seriously are incredible for SPL. Before that I had 2 10" Infinity Perfects. Best SQ you could imagine but they only hit about a third as hard as the Kickers. Good luck man... And if you need any more help feel free to e-mail me at ArcaneParadise@hotmail.com.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.