• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I'm looking to get a new system for my car and haven't really heard anything about MA Audio subs. These subs are rated at 1000 watts max power with 6 ohm dual voice coil. I was thinking maybe 2 12"s. Any suggestions on if I should invest in these or not? If not any other suggestions for what I should get? I'm looking for sound quality mainly...and power for possibly the occasional competition. Thanks!

A friend of mine got MA andI dont know if he got a bad batch or what, but he got 2 MA 12" and one fried and would only make a rattling sound and one cracked within a month and sounds like ****. However, MA is replacing them and he is selling them. He hasnt decided on what to get yet but whatever, just my two pesos.

I would suggest to steer clear of this company. While they are a far cry from thier earlier days and thier products have undoubtably gotten better; there are still a lot of reliability and performance concerns. MA Audio comes from the same company that makes Mobile Authority, Thump, etc. I do not feel that I need to elaborate any further on the quality of those lines- Very Poor! - this much has become obvious to many serious Audiophiles.

For your situation, I would say money is better spent on a pair of JL Audio 12W3's, They will easily perform above the standards of MA Audio, and are also available in a wide variety of VC configurations.

There really isnt any honest comparrison between the two.

JL has proven thier woofers as an industry stronghold- winning more IASCA and USAC competitions than a majority of other manufacturers.

On a personal note, with 2 years of active SPL competition and going into my 5th year of SQ competition- JL Audio- has ALWAYS placed within the top 3- usually 1st in about all of the events I have attended.

JL would be a better choice by far......

take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.