SPL and Decibel Comps???? help me clarify...

Participant count
  • Participant list

AsK 5109
10+ year member

I GOTTA LOTTA MOE!
Ok my friend has been telling me since I'm going for a future SPL system that I should go sealed. Which I think is crazy is this true?

Also he tells me that SPL and Decibels are two different competitions in themselves.........WTF IS THE DIFF IF ANY?????

I AM SO CONDUSED SOMEBODY HELP ME

SPL and Decibels are 2 different things... SPL is Sound Pressure Level... which creates the decibels off of a mic. You friend needs to get a clue about spl competitions lol. Now if he said SPL and SQ are 2 totally different competitions then he's right but he didnt so he = a dumb ass lol

SPL (sound pressure level) is value expressed in dB, that reflects the entropy of the waves in the vehicle. As Entropy decreases, wave uniformity increases and the distance between waves also decreases. This decrease in distance results in an incresased force of waves acting in a certain amount of space (your car).

SPL (sound pressure level) is value expressed in dB, that reflects the entropy of the waves in the vehicle. As Entropy decreases, wave uniformity increases and the distance between waves also decreases. This decrease in distance results in an incresased force of waves acting in a certain amount of space (your car).
Actually it reflects the amplitude of the waves. Entropy is disorder. You can have disorder out the ass except for the one point where the mic is and score really well. You can have no cancellation what-so-ever and do really lousy because you just can't move enough air with your sub setup. SPL is just a measurement of pressurization and rarefication of the air in the car and is expressed in dB. It is changes in air pressure that allow sound to travel and that vibrate the eardrum to allow us to hear it. Also waves getting closer together is just an increase in frequency, nothing more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.