specs to look for in a sub fir seaked box

Participant count
  • Participant list

mc01ta
10+ year member

Virginia
What some important specs to look for in a sub for a sealed box application? My next truck will probably be a newer f150 or silverado crew cab and space will be limited. I'm interested in running two 10s or 12s and will be running sealed. I don't want shallow mount sub recommendations. Only sub that seems to fit my needs and be somewhat shallow is the sundown SD subs.

What subs are any of you running in a similiar or same truck crew cab style that are dual 10s or 12s in a sealed box? I will he using a third gen hcca 225 to power.

honestly if you can get 1cube per chamber any kicker 10 is going to perform admirably. powerbass and memphis are great in sealed as well as arc audio, image dynamics, mach 5 ixl, and according to jacob of sundown the sa and sd line performs well in sealed boxes.

and i know you didnt want shallow suggestions but if u can get a 1.2 cube per camber box under the seats and drop a 3inch aero in each chamber the p3s10 from rockford do quite well and dont need much power like 300 a piece

if you happen to get an older model silverado 03-07classic extended cab i have a ****** sealed box that fits great. i had two kicker comp 10s in it and the little tens would flex the back wall of the truck

Thanks for the reply. Any other input for those of you that have trucks and run sealed setups?

Also, what specs are good to look at when comparing subs for sealed applications and what numbers to look for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.