Speakers suddenly stop working while driving and I am confused..

theabcs

Hello,

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to read.

I was driving along a few days ago when suddenly my speakers and tweeters both cut out completely while my sub was playing fine. It was hot so I checked the fuses under the hood and the amp fuses. They were fine so my thought was that the amp burnt out. Ordered another amp, switched them out and I still have no sound through my speakers. I checked the amp's ground and it is screwed on extremely tight with the area stripped of paint.

Now I suspect that the error is in the head unit, but I do not have the tools to remove the head unit so I was going to buy another one and switch them out.

My question is: Am I over looking anything?

Any advice to help point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like ur speakers are shutting off because u may have ur gain turned up too high and in turn are overloading the speakers..try turning the gain on the amp all the way down then turn the volume on the head unit up until u hear music then go back and turn the gain up on the amp jus a little and keep doing that until u can get it where u like to listen to without it cutting out..ur jus gonna have to trial and error it..thats what i did cause my speakers were doing the same thing and it was when i turned the gain up on the amp so i had to start at 1 and then mess with it back and forth

You turned your gain up too high and blew your speakers with a clipped signal. The gain is not a volume knob. It is for matching the input voltage on your amp with the output voltage from your head unit.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.