Speakers distorting when bass hit! HELP!

OK, I have to ask....why in the hell would you put tweeters on your sub enclosure??? Doesn't that kill your imaging and soundstage?

Unless your sub enclosure is built into your dash, I cannot see the good in putting tweeters in it.

Or, are you one of those that just like to get loud to show off and couldn't care less about the SQ?

I disagree. The XM-7 is one of the best analog crossovers, especially for the money. It is miles ahead of everything else in his car. It sounds to me like you are confusing the XM-7 with the XM-6.
Oops, My bad. It was the XM-6 I was looking at. My apologies to anyone I may have confused.

OK, I have to ask....why in the hell would you put tweeters on your sub enclosure??? Doesn't that kill your imaging and soundstage?
Unless your sub enclosure is built into your dash, I cannot see the good in putting tweeters in it.

Or, are you one of those that just like to get loud to show off and couldn't care less about the SQ?
Power Acoustik Mofos, Eminence mids, Pyramid tweets, somehow I highly doubt he's concerned with SQ.

Uhh.. my tweeters on not built into my sub enclosure. Not sure were you got that idea from. And this thread isen't to discuss why I have those speakers/tweets in my car.

I've got a box loaded with (4) 8" Eminence and (4) SuperTweets. On a lot of songs I play, my Mids/Highs will be screaming and are crystal clear but when the bass hits, they start to distort and don't sound quite as loud. Why is this? I'm running a Hifonics BX2005D at 2ohms's putting out a actual 1000-1100 watts and running a Kicker 650.4 off of only 2 of it's channels. I have stock Electrical sytem with 160amp Alt so I don't think running too much power is the issue. What could be doing this to my speakers?
Probably where he got it from.

That's exactly where I got it from. Maybe you should learn some grammar skills? This thread is a waste of bandwidth. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

That's exactly where I got it from. Maybe you should learn some grammar skills? This thread is a waste of bandwidth. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Grammer skills? I said I have box with 4 Mids and 4 Highs in it... I said nothing about subwoofers being in that box! I think you should learn how to understand and read grammer. Any semi-intellegent person would also look at my gallery and see all the pictures of it before saying some stupid like that. And you are a waste of bandwidth dumping in my thread....

dude is a dick.. i learned that a long time ago...

Grammer skills? I said I have box with 4 Mids and 4 Highs in it... I said nothing about subwoofers being in that box! I think you should learn how to understand and read grammer. Any semi-intellegent person would also look at my gallery and see all the pictures of it before saying some stupid like that. And you are a waste of bandwidth dumping in my thread....
mad because tha steroids made your pee pee small?

Ok, you put mids and tweets in a sub enclosure (or a box without subs as you say)....either way, that's gay as hell. Does your car not have doors? I wouldn't waste my time looking in your gallery after reading your posts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Where is this badass "mid/tweet" box in your car anyway? I'm curious.

If you are using 8" as your mids, what the hell are your midbasses, 12" ProThumps?

Ok, you put mids and tweets in a sub enclosure (or a box without subs as you say)....either way, that's gay as hell. Does your car not have doors? I wouldn't waste my time looking in your gallery after reading your posts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Where is this badass "mid/tweet" box in your car anyway? I'm curious.

If you are using 8" as your mids, what the hell are your midbasses, 12" ProThumps?
I-did-not put my mids/highs in a sub enclosure. They are in an enclosure built specifically for the mids/highs. They are pro-audio drivers and they are designed to be in a enclosure. My car does have doors and they contain 8" mids as well smart guy. Why do you insist on dumping in my thread, do you have ANY info to answer my orginal question?

I-did-not put my mids/highs in a sub enclosure. They are in an enclosure built specifically for the mids/highs. They are pro-audio drivers and they are designed to be in a enclosure. My car does have doors and they contain 8" mids as well smart guy. Why do you insist on dumping in my thread, do you have ANY info to answer my orginal question?
My, oh my, where do I begin.........

Maybe buy some quality stuff? Just an idea. Seriously, this is an instance where you truly get what you pay for. Put crappy equipment in, get crappy sound out.

P.S. It's retarded to put 4 tweeters in a box in the back of your car.

Stay tuned for further suggestions.

My, oh my, where do I begin.........
Maybe buy some quality stuff? Just an idea. Seriously, this is an instance where you truly get what you pay for. Put crappy equipment in, get crappy sound out.

P.S. It's retarded to put 4 tweeters in a box in the back of your car.

Stay tuned for further suggestions.
I don't want your damn suggestions! You are nobody to me. You opinions on rather you think my equipment is the best out there, I don't care about. Get it? I did not start this thread asking opinions on my equipment. I played around with my Xover and EQ settings and now it sounds awsome. Have never had one person sit in my car and say that it sounds like crap. Never. People say how it is the loudest car they've ever sat in and how clean it sounds. My equipment is crappy because it's not your name brand Focal or RE speakers? Get off the bandwagon and start looking around more. You never heard my car or probably never even heard 8MR's or TW-46's in person either. So shut ur mouth and go away.

perhaps it would have been helpful to say that some of them are in the doors, instead of just saying that (4) 8" mids and (4) tweets were in an enclosure. Maybe try turning the bass down (EQ wise) i mean, if they are "mids" as you say, you don't want them to have much bass, right?

This guy does not have a firm grasp on the English language and its associated grammar rules. If he did, his original post would have clarified all the driver placement questions we've posed since.

Anyway, if you played with the EQ and you like the way it sounds now, why don't you shut YOUR mouth and go away?

HaHa! Eminence and SuperTweets? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I think they use those in Gitmo's interrogation rooms! Why would I listen to them willingly?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.