Speakers distorting when bass hit! HELP!

Platestacker45
10+ year member

I've got a box loaded with (4) 8" Eminence and (4) SuperTweets. On a lot of songs I play, my Mids/Highs will be screaming and are crystal clear but when the bass hits, they start to distort and don't sound quite as loud. Why is this? I'm running a Hifonics BX2005D at 2ohms's putting out a actual 1000-1100 watts and running a Kicker 650.4 off of only 2 of it's channels. I have stock Electrical sytem with 160amp Alt so I don't think running too much power is the issue. What could be doing this to my speakers?

at any volume or high volume?
It's only when I got it cranked full blast. Sounds very loud and crystal clear at full volume, but as soon as that bass hits, it's starts to distort. And when the bass stops again in the song, it goes back to clear and loud.

what model tweets? May have to seperate them on the backside form the bass wave
They are Pyramid TW-46's. What do you mean seperate from the backside? I don't think it's so much of the tweeters as the speakers doing the distorting, could be both but it's hard to tell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.