Speakers distorting when bass hit! HELP!

make sure u got at least a 12db slope and set it at near 80hz......your crossover that is
Is this the only thing I need to make sure it set up like this? I'm a little confued when it comes to the Digital Crossover in my HU. I'm searching on how to properly set them and any info you guys can provide will help greatly. Anything I need make sure it set right in my EQ settings?

well that would be for your mids and that is a rough estimate that should be fine but may not give you the best sound quality it all depends on your mids. And as for your highs im forget what to set the crossover point at but it is alot higher than 80hz

it means seperate them from the woofers, wtf is so hard to understand, and he is probably just running them crossed over only using the 6db capacitor that came with them

you are going to need an electronic crossover that goes high enough to cross the tweets, you could use some passives but you prolly will be better with an active crossover sending a 3k or whatever and up signal to your amp

well that would be for your mids and that is a rough estimate that should be fine but may not give you the best sound quality it all depends on your mids. And as for your highs im forget what to set the crossover point at but it is alot higher than 80hz
it depends on the speaker, there is no set point for your "highs" asshat

did a quick search, those tweets go as low as 2k your 8's go up to 5k, i would cross the tweets at 3kup, and the mids at the same point and down, but get an electronic crossover cause really you will have some peaks to smooth out, there is no one answer as to where to set it

Pick up a Coustic XM-7. Not the best quality out there, but it should do just fine for you. Besides, if you're running Eminence and Pyramid equipment, I doubt it will hurt the sound quality of your equipment.

It will definitely take some tweeking to get the right crossover points, but it should fix your problems.

Good Luck

But would my Crossover settings being off make the speakers drop in volume when my bass hits as well? And you think the speakers are receiving more lows when my bass hits than when there is no bass at all? I really appreciate all your guy's help!

Wow, I'd give the XM-7 WAY more credit than that.

It's not that the XM-7 isn't a decent unit, it's just that Coustic isn't a name generally associated with SQ products. The XM-7 is a good entry-level electronic crossover, but you're only going to get so much performance in that price range. I'm actually planning on buying an XM-7 in the near future.

But would my Crossover settings being off make the speakers drop in volume when my bass hits as well? And you think the speakers are receiving more lows when my bass hits than when there is no bass at all? I really appreciate all your guy's help!
If the bass doesn't hit, your music isn't producing the low signals, so the speakers won't see them, even if your crossover settings are messed up. Getting the speakers crossed over correctly could very well solve your distortion problem. I think that the volume thing you're experiencing may just be that when the subs hit, you don't notice the other speakers as much. Unless you are pulling to much current at once, and you're getting a voltage drop, pulling power (and thus volume) from all your speakers

Crank it up and turn down the sub amp, so you'll be able to isolate the mids/tweets during a bass heavy part of a song. See if they distort then. If yes it's a crossover issue, if not then I'd look into your electrical...

I've been playing around with my Xover settings and had someone else take a look at it too. Pretty much got my problems solved for the most part, but now my bass is lacking! Songs just don't hit as hard now and I'm so pissed. Anyone know what THIS problem is now? Did I adjust something wrong? And does anyone have experiece with the MMX or Makers Mix I think it's called in the EQ settings?

It's not that the XM-7 isn't a decent unit, it's just that Coustic isn't a name generally associated with SQ products. The XM-7 is a good entry-level electronic crossover, but you're only going to get so much performance in that price range. I'm actually planning on buying an XM-7 in the near future.
I disagree. The XM-7 is one of the best analog crossovers, especially for the money. It is miles ahead of everything else in his car. It sounds to me like you are confusing the XM-7 with the XM-6.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.