Speakers Cutting Out Intermittently

Participant count
  • Participant list

RDA777

CarAudio.com Newbie
UK
Hi there,

Apologies for my first post here being looking for help with an issue but I could do with some advice.

My speakers recently has an issue where when I switch the stereo on the left front speaker will make a slight click/pop sound and then none of the speakers will work, although the subwoofer keeps on working. I have since replaced the speakers and the headunit as they were overdue to be changed. I changed to an Alpine CDE-205DAB HU and Alpine SPG-13CS/C2 speakers which I'd highly recommend as they sound excellent, when they're working that is!

I've noticed that the speakers can sometimes stop working when I hit a bump in the road, then start working when I hit another bump. This makes me think it's a connector issue, although I've checked all the sockets/connectors and they're a good fit. I've tried wiggling wires/connectors at the HU and speaker end to trigger or resolve the fault but nothing seems to happen. There's no other electrical issues (touch wood) in the car. I should add I also have a cable inbetween the vehicle's harness and the HU to retain steering wheel controls.

I'm open to any suggestions on next steps I need to take, tests I need to run when the speakers are/aren't working etc...

Thanks in advance for any help with this :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.