Speakers and Sub stopped working

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tyler2118

Hey guys, this is my first post on this site and I'm hoping one of yall can help me out here!

Here is my current setup I'm working with:

2009 GMC Sierra

Door Speakers - Focal Integration ISC 165

Amp for Door Speakers - MTX THUNDER75.4

Subwoofer - Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12

Amp for sub - Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D

JVC touch screen head unit

Everything had worked together nicely, except that FM radio was very spotty. I tried to fix that problem the other day, but ended up with more problems. I had reconnected the large fm radio wire with no success. I also ended up ruining the sound coming from my speakers, and also my sub. The subwoofer barely hits and has just an overall bad sound. Same thing for the speakers. I have checked every wire coming from the head unit, and nothing was disconnected when I tried correcting the FM radio. I have also checked all connections with the 2 amps, and nothing seems to be wrong. It has to be something with the head unit, but I'm just not sure what it could be. Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, I have checked every connection and ground. The sound just isn't as crisp as it was before. The sub barely hits, and when it does, its very poor bass. I've just gotta be missing something obvious.

Yeah, I have checked every connection and ground. The sound just isn't as crisp as it was before. The sub barely hits, and when it does, its very poor bass. I've just gotta be missing something obvious.
Did you wire your sub parallel, down to 1 ohm? I believe that amp is 1 ohm stable. Also, make sure it isn't out of phase.

How's your electrical?

Did your alt go out...because that's the key item when powering anything audio. If that don't work, neither will your amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.