Speaker Wiring

Chris04626

CarAudio.com Recruit
Maine
I replaced my factory headunit with a sony and had crutchfield do the easy harness with the steering wheel controls. I put kickers in all 4 doors. Now im wanting to put an amp to those 4 speakers but im not sure how to run the wires to not lose my phone calls coming through the speakers. Any help in basic terms please lol

RCAs from Sony to the rca input of amp. Speaker wires from speakers to amp. Calls will go to speakers when phone is connected to the Sony using a wired usb cable or via Bluetooth source

Ok i didnt realize the RCA would transmit it i was told whatever controlled the bluetooth thing was before the front speakers somewhere.

There is something called maestro, it’s an integration module that retails the chimes.
It has some cool features too.
I ran 12ga through to the door speakers after I integrated the stock amp for a couple days. Then back to the regular 4 ch.

Ok i didnt realize the RCA would transmit it i was told whatever controlled the bluetooth thing was before the front speakers somewhere.

The radio still does the Bluetooth input and output. Its just outputing to the rcas which go to the amp and then to the speakers.

All you are doing is changing where the sound output is coming from. Instead of the radios speaker outputs it's coming from the radios RCA outputs. That output is then amplified by the amp to the speakers.

So just run the 4 channel ampkit power and ground, rcas from headunit to amp. And run new wires from the amp to the door speakers.

Then carefully tune the amps gain and crossovers.

The gain setting can quickly blow your speakers if set incorrectly so if you are not confident get a shop to do it.

2rzfe is exactly right. RCA will transfer all signals of sound from hu to amp then amp directs those sounds amplified to the speakers.
Layout is time consuming and removal of interior components is necessary but Crutchfield gave you the master sheet describing how to take those panels etc off.
It’s not that hard.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...