speaker wire

Originally posted by sk24iam How much speaker wire would I for a set of components in front with croosovers in trunk and a set speakers in rear? And 15 would be a good size right?
14-16 guage is fine, I would just estimate it in your car with a few lengths of string and add 10%.....

I haven't bought my stuff yet so I don't know how much I will need. Do tweeters wires go to speaker or croosovers, becuse in that case, I'm going to need a lot of wire. Wiring will be for a maxima, so If anyone has any kind of an estimate, that would be great.

wires go from tweet to x-over and then to amp

and from mid to xover nad then to amp

average disatance is about 17 feet of wires for RCAs from deck to trunk... so to be safe... 20 a side..

Nothing is worse than having to stop installing and go get more supplies, so I always suggest that you pad your materials estimate and err on the side of safety. If you measure the distance between where your amp(s) will be and where your speakers will be, then add about half again as much wire to your shopping list.

Wire is cheap. Having extra lying around isn't the end of the world and it sure beats having to make a run for more while you're in the heat of battle.

well lets see... 20 ft for speaker to xover, 20 feet for tweeter to xover. then that times 2 for other side. oh, and rear speakers, so 10 for each. comes to 100. am i tihnking wrong?

didn't i just see this post on the other forum?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Originally posted by sk24iam this one is speaker. that was for subs
LOL! whats next? the amp forum for the amp alone?:p the right forum would be the general forum where you could ask the 2 questions in one thread.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by sk24iam yet I still don't have the answers.
what kind of answer(s) are you looking for? its hard to tell how much wire you'll need since no one here knows what car you have and how you're going to run it better than yourself.

kinda like if i asked "how many gallons of gas would i need to fill up my gas tank full." without knowing the car, and the capacity of it, its going to be almost impossible to know the answer.

i find 80 feet enough for most cars though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.