how do i run 12ga speaker wire through my door jambs?

BudyJames77

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2014 Cruze and I'm trying to upgrade the door speakers/wiring. I want to run 12ga wire to all 4 door speakers but there is a plug/harness in each door so I can't just run the wire through the rubber boot in the door jambs. I found a video online that showed how to drill holes through "empty spaces" in the plug/harness to run the new wire through. I was able to do that on the back doors but not the front doors. I can access the plug/harness that comes from the door but I can not access the plug/harness on the "car side". Do I have to take the front doors off the vehicle to access the "car side" plug/harness? Do I drill/grommet/caulk new holes in the front door jambs to run the new wires through? Any advice would be much appreciated.

I followed the instructions on the ford mustang forum site. There are also some YouTube videos. . Be careful, as your power window and door lock wires go through the grommets. "Ask me how I know. " LOL I believe that I eventually drill holes and use rubber grommets on the holes.

There’s a lot of info on the
Cruze forum
Many enthusiasts devote much effort into their Cruze. I perused briefly and found quite a bit of audio posts.

I followed the instructions on the ford mustang forum site. There are also some YouTube videos. . Be careful, as your power window and door lock wires go through the grommets. "Ask me how I know. " LOL I believe that I eventually drill holes and use rubber grommets on the holes.

Thanks for the reply! That's the video I watched and I was able to do that on the back doors but not the front doors. I was able to take off some plastic interior trim to gain access to the "car side" plug/harness for the back doors. I can not get access to the "car side" plug/harness for the front doors though.

What I want to know is who are the 1/3rd that think biological boys/men should compete in girls/women's sports? Must be the 1/3rd that doesn't watch or participate in sports.

Thanks for the reply! I will have to look on the Cruze forum also.
Ppl love their Cruze
Often it’s increasing the turbo size, changing the suspension from stock being fe1-3 to fe5, sway bar and links then brakes. Reading those and impala forums they have devotees like a cult.
Parts are available and reasonable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...