speaker wire question

Participant count
  • Participant list

jladislav

Hi ....

I have 2003 Nissan Maxima and just replaced the fastory speakers with Infinity 6.5 speakers. My question is that is it ok to run good speaker wires from the amp to the factory wire behind the HU or should I run the wires all the way to the speakers. It kind of looks like pain in the ass to run the wires into the doors. Itwould be a lot easyer to hook them up behind the HU, but if that will hurt the spreaker performance than I will run them to the doors. Any help on this would be great. Thanx.

I"m a little confused on what you're asking specifically. The wires from your speakers should go from the speakers directly to the amp or crossovers (if you have components). The RCAs should come from the headunit to the amp. That's the only way I know how to do it if you're not powering the speakers off the headunit.

what I mean is that there allready are factory speaker wires ging to the speakers from the HU but what I asking is that if I can just run speaker wires from the amp to the back of the HU and cut the factory wires from the HU and splice into the factory wires instead running new wires all the way to the speakers.

Your stereo system is as good as the weakest connection. I wouldnt think your going to hear an audible difference, but its a good idea to run them into the doors.

Its not very easy or fun. You can use a coat hanger and some vaseline to get through the boot. Once its through just wrap the wire around it and tape it to where it doesnt have anything to get hung up on.

If Im doing an install for a friend and they dont want them ran into the doors I shrug my shoulders. I always do it in my cars though..

i know what you mean you mean hook up to the factory wires in the dash and run back to the amp with the rcas and i have done this in the past when i wasn't going to put in componet speakers and i didn't want to cut any factory wire in the doors. also you do not need to cut the factory wires all you need to do is splice them from the wire harness adapter for your car it will have speaker wires that will tell you how to hook the factory wires just splice them there. you know what i mean the harness you get that just plugs into your factory harness

however if your going to run componets with cross over you have no choice really cause you got wire the cross overs. and since they are so fond of saying on this board wire is wire i don't see any problem with what you have done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.