Speaker troubles

Participant count
  • Participant list

Circa1005
10+ year member

Installed the aura 4" speakers over a week ago. Today there is a skipping noise coming though both speakers. Never had this problem until I installed these speakers. The skipping noise goes with the beat of the music. The install was done as good as it gets and wiring etc is solid. But this sound plays whether the car is on or off. The sound reminds me of when a cd skips, it makes that tapping noise. Can anybody help me on what the heck is wrong? These speakers were great and I'm pretty bummed.

I don't have rear speakers, but the harness is still plugged into the factory wiring pulling power. This caused a short as well as interference. I faded the sound to the front and that cured the problem. I also cut the connectors that way they don't touch each other or the car. The permanent cure is for me to unplug the harness, but for now this will do. If anybody has this problem, try this before you buy new speakers. I thought the sound was from the tweeters being fried and so did the stereo shop. In the end it was me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.