Speaker Suggestions for Chrysler 300m

Participant count
  • Participant list

KarbonKreationz

US
Hello everyone,

First off, Sorry if this is a common "stupid" post or re-post..

I am looking into replacing "replacement" speakers in my 2001 Chrysler 300m in the rear deck, and front door.. eventually the tweeters as well.

When I bought the car the rear decks were blown, so I went through and replaced those and the front door speakers with Infinity 6022si's... this proved to be a fatal mistake. The sound quality isn't what I was expecting, whether it is from the speakers being under powered or whatever seems to be the problem. My mids and highs are very responsive with these speakers... but I'm looking for something with a little more bass, and the same mid and high quality.

Here's the kicker... I'm a college student, so I'm not looking to do a crazy set up, or spend over a few hundred bucks on replacement speakers, as I wont have this car for more than 3 years.

I have already looked into Rockford Fosgate Punch series speakers, and Kicker Ks65's... I'm a little weary on the kicker, because I know from friends that the lower end isn't the greatest quality.

I know that I have a stock amp in the back that I will have to bypass, because it is pretty much pointless from research that i have done.

Basically after all this spiel.. I'm looking for some speaker recommendations for my car, (no subs just speakers)

Im looking to spend somewhere between 175-225ish... working on a college budget here haha

I am currently looking at these speakers... and was wondering what peoples thoughts were

Rockford:

p1694 (punch 4-ways)

p1692 (2 way punch)

T1693 (power... don't know if the factory amp will cut it for these)

Kicker:

KS693

KS690

KS650

Tweeters will be next.. and i will follow in suit to what brand i get for the rest of the car.

Thanks very much for the advice!

Karbon Kreationz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.