Is this amp/speaker setup good?

Sorry lol but ya if you have a decent amp you going to want a decent deck to. But then again you may be happy with the one you have now. What do ya got?

The deck in that car is fine - changing it would be your personal preference.

Based on your speaker choices, it does not look like you are an audiofile you are just looking for a good clean sound and that factory deck would do just fine.

You should be able to add subs to a factory deck, just need an adapter if I'm not mistaken.

BUT IMHO it's wayyyy easier to go aftermarket to add subs. Rather than modifying the factory wiring (if needed) for the factory deck to run subs. Just make sure you have the factory wiring adapter for your vehicle. Like ~8$ from any local car audio shop for the adapter unless you ordered from crutchfield. They'll give you installation tools free depending on what you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah dont have to replace it to add a sub and amp

But yes like said above its easier and recommended Iam sure to just get a aftermarket HU

if I didn't have to replace the head unit that would be amazing. I wouldn't have to get the big kit thing and there is a $100 harness wire thing I have to buy. if I don't replace the head unit I won't have to buy all those extra pieces I can just hook the speakers straight up to the receiver?

Check the rockford fosgate 360s, JL cleansweep and Audiocontrol line drivers. Much better then a cheap LOC and will not cut off low freq when the volume goes up like the deck will do through a normal cheap LOC

I've decided to switch to a kicker zx350.4 amp. I guess I just need to figure out whether or not I'm going to replace the hu. if I could just replace the speakers and add an amp it would be so much cheaper but I guess it wouldn't sound as good =\

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.