Speaker stop playing at random.

Participant count
  • Participant list

tee
10+ year member

You know
BR
Every so often, my speakers would cut off. It's always the left front side (both tweeter and mid). It cuts off for like a few minutes or something, then it would start playing again.

Just today, as a song was playing, all of my speakers went out. That's including the front components, and the unamped rear speakers. I tried skipping the song, but still nothing happened. I opened the trunk and saw that both of my amps were still on though.

Just two days ago, I redid all of the wires behind my cd player to make sure they were all good too.

What could be wrong?

Hmm.. I guess I will double check later. I've been had the cd player for over a year now. I didn't really do anything the other day besides take the cd player and checked the wire. This was after a few days of the random stoppings.

What wires would be messed up? It's not like the cd player is turing off or anything.

The output speaker wiring harness could be loose. That would expain it. It's a mulit pin plug that goes into the back of the H/U. You should have some way to strain relief the wires comming off the H/U so they don't pull on the connectors after you've installed it.

If that's not it, you could have more serious problems with the H/U.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.