Speaker recommendation

Participant count
  • Participant list
It’s a single cab and I got a great mechanic who became a friend. Got the shocks and control arm and bunch of other stuff replaced. to me it feels like a new truck :) now I just got to get it painted when the weather gets cooler.

I think I am looking for a new amp to run with the kappas. i am looking on crutchfield now to see what kind of 4 channel amps I can get. Seems they are commonly 50w and 75w and then 100w. Do the power stack up ? Like the hu that I have is 27w rms, does that add together with for example the 75w map to make 102w ? Or it does not work like that and just based on the power of the amp if I am running the speakers to an amp.
Just by the amplifier and the signal of 4v your unit has x6chs=(Front RCAs, Rear RCAs,and Subwoofer RCAs runs through the RCAs of Left and Right Channels) to that amplifier. RMS power from amplifier

Just by the amplifier and the signal of 4v your unit has x6chs=(Front RCAs, Rear RCAs,and Subwoofer RCAs runs through the RCAs of Left and Right Channels) to that amplifier. RMS power from amplifier
I put a system in a single cab truck like yours for a friends Son a while back but it was a GMC/same truck.. Those trucks will run for over 300k 5.3 vortec engines. They had a 6.0 GMC that one Co. vehicle was @417k 2002 model ran for I know 4 years longer until it was totaled out by a Semi. Reg oil changes and plugs, tires,shocks two water pumps one fuel pump, belts

It’s a single cab and I got a great mechanic who became a friend. Got the shocks and control arm and bunch of other stuff replaced. to me it feels like a new truck :) now I just got to get it painted when the weather gets cooler.

I think I am looking for a new amp to run with the kappas. i am looking on crutchfield now to see what kind of 4 channel amps I can get. Seems they are commonly 50w and 75w and then 100w. Do the power stack up ? Like the hu that I have is 27w rms, does that add together with for example the 75w map to make 102w ? Or it does not work like that and just based on the power of the amp if I am running the speakers to an amp.
For a single cab Id run a 2 ch up front on components and a single mono block for a sub. i would only run a 4 ch if i were going to run active front stage in there or a set of components and a set of mids in the kick panels,and still a dedicated mon amp for any sub.

I've got a set of some 4" JL's getting 80w each in the C pillars, (6" behind my head), and they sound louder than my components, and are definitely loud enough to cause hearing damage. I think I need to realize most people don't actually want that.

I've got a set of some 4" JL's getting 80w each in the C pillars, (6" behind my head), and they sound louder than my components, and are definitely loud enough to cause hearing damage. I think I need to realize most people don't actually want that.
:LOL: :LOL:. Well. Some of us do like it at shoulder and above levels.. lol

Thank you for the information, I will be looking into your recommendations for sure!

For a single cab Id run a 2 ch up front on components and a single mono block for a sub. i would only run a 4 ch if i were going to run active front stage in there or a set of components and a set of mids in the kick panels,and still a dedicated mon amp for any sub.

Thank you for the links and information! I’ll be watching more videos on installing amplifier and definitely shopping around a bit!

Check out sonicelectronix and crutchfield. Also ask around at DIYMA as well as they are a really busy forum also. Lots of used good sometimes NIB 4 channel amplifiers and monoblocks come up there cheap all the time and usually it is really quality stuff. Same with component speakers and what not.
Yeah, not sure if they meant this, but spend some time going through here:

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...