Speaker placement help

Micheal Brown

CarAudio.com Newbie
Feb 4, 2020
United States
Most car speakers are either 6.5 inches or 6 inches × 9 inches. You need to be conscious of the size of the speakers to ensure they fit the doors of your car. It doesn't matter if you do not have highs or mids in the back. But if you want to get high quality sound, you should consider investing in those.

OP
X

XKawN916

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Dec 13, 2019
sacramento
Alright, I'll let you guys know how it goes. This is what I went with.

dex-p99rs

B2 audio ref 6.3. I believe the 6 will go in kick panels down by the feet and the 4's and tweeters in the doors.

B2 audio 6.5s in the dash under the rear window

Sundown audio sd4 shallow mount 12's (2)

And b2 audio amps pushing the highs and mids plus a b2 audio amp pushing the 12's.

Custom built box for the 12's.

Complete trunk sound deadening and doors sound dead ends.

Big 3 upgrade

Kinetik battery

Should be done this weekend

Reactions: JTF Vegas

JTF Vegas

CarAudio.com VIP
Jan 13, 2020
Las Vegas NV
Alright, I'll let you guys know how it goes. This is what I went with.

dex-p99rs

B2 audio ref 6.3. I believe the 6 will go in kick panels down by the feet and the 4's and tweeters in the doors.

B2 audio 6.5s in the dash under the rear window

Sundown audio sd4 shallow mount 12's (2)

And b2 audio amps pushing the highs and mids plus a b2 audio amp pushing the 12's.

Custom built box for the 12's.

Complete trunk sound deadening and doors sound dead ends.

Big 3 upgrade

Kinetik battery

Should be done this weekend
Looks to be a nice system. Again, great HU! What was the final quote for the build if you dont mind me asking?
J

OP
X

XKawN916

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Dec 13, 2019
sacramento
Looks to be a nice system. Again, great HU! What was the final quote for the build if you dont mind me asking?
J
I don't have the breakdown in front of me, but the cost for everything was roughly 6 grand. I checked prices for everything online vs what he was giving me and couldn't find anywhere with better prices. Like Tue head unit was 8 something. Mid 9 hundred to over a grand is what I was finding. The sd4's look to be pretty darn new. Not many reviews on those, but the sd3's getting good reviews. I'm excited. Should be done today or tomorrow.

JTF Vegas

CarAudio.com VIP
Jan 13, 2020
Las Vegas NV
I don't have the breakdown in front of me, but the cost for everything was roughly 6 grand. I checked prices for everything online vs what he was giving me and couldn't find anywhere with better prices. Like Tue head unit was 8 something. Mid 9 hundred to over a grand is what I was finding. The sd4's look to be pretty darn new. Not many reviews on those, but the sd3's getting good reviews. I'm excited. Should be done today or tomorrow.
Wow. I hope your happy with it. Post a link when its all done.

OP
X

XKawN916

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Dec 13, 2019
sacramento
Yup Nick or Damien are the installers I've heard good things about. Dia is the owner.
Funny thing. I had a buddy from work come over to the house. He walked up and seen my 65 gt mustang (different car). He was admiring the heck out of it. I told him about the 66 I had in the stereo shop. He said "which stereo shop. I've got a good friend that works at Arden audio ". I told him that's where my pony is. He told me Damien was his good friend, lol. I went to the shop to check on my pony and Damien said my buddy told him about me and Damien said he'll have to come over to check out my 65. Small world.

Anyways, 65 is next. I may go with audiofrog speakers on this one. Maybe same HU since it has the internal dsp. I just want to see what kind of SQ I'll be getting out of the sundown sd4's.

What do you guys think about doing audiofrog this time?

OP
X

XKawN916

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Dec 13, 2019
sacramento
I think what I'll do is change just a few things and do the exact same things to vehicle to compare the difference.

Same sound deadening, same deck, same size custom woofer box, same big 3 upgrade and battery, wiring etc.

Differences will be

FRONT STAGE
1966 mustang
The b2 audio ref 6.3 (3 way components)
Vs
1965 mustang
Focal PS165F3 FLAX 6.5” 3-way component

Aprx same $$$$
-------------------------------------------
SUBWOOFERS
1966 mustang
Sundown audio sd4 (pair)
Vs
1965 mustang
Sundown audio u series (single)

Both in sealed 1cf (total) custom box

Aprx same watts for both sub subwoofer configuration
--------------------------------------------
AMPS
1966 mustang
B2 Audio amps for speakers and woofers
Vs
1965 mustang
Rockford Fosgate amps for speakers and woofers

Both will have
Pioneer Dex-p99rs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds