Speaker location fundamentals

Participant count
  • Participant list

NerdFlanders

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi there, well I put the sound deadening on, "soundskins" which were not cheap.
now I have mounted my new hertz speakers, but they are on a bracket which holds the speaker away from the door
about an inch. Not flush with the door panel and having the magnet bit inside the door cavity.
I poked a hole in the sound skins directly behind the speaker magnet to let air go back, the hole is about nickel sized.
What say you?
It doesn't sound amazing. But I don't have an amp set up as yet and the tweeters aren't plugged in yet either.
I understand I will get the bass frequencies from the sub.
what say you?
What I;m mainly asking about is the speaker position, does it HAVE to be in the door cavity?

Also I am getting a thumping, distorted sound from my mid-bass level , I have no amp .
what say you?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.