Both front door speakers not working - 2006 Accord

HAccordian

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nov 17, 2019
USA
Hello:

I had a single DIN stereo receiver (Sony MEXN4380BT) installed on a 2006 Honda Accord LX Sedan. After the install, there is no sound from both front door speakers; however, the tweeters do. This was determined using the Fader control. I am not 100% sure whether the front door speakers were working before the receiver installation as the radio was broken for a few years, but I think they were working. How can I verify if it is the front door speakers that are not functioning or if it is the receiver that is not functioning? Or could it be something else?

Thank you!

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Take the door speakers out and bench test them.Use a Dmm as well to check ohm load of speaker

Jldc

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nov 18, 2019
México
I have a 2008 grand Cherokee overland and thinking about replacing the speakers, what's best on a budget?

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
I have a 2008 grand Cherokee overland and thinking about replacing the speakers, what's best on a budget?
For drop ins, These have always done very well for me..Even on 50 rms power. The MM series for Components do very nice as well.
Have a pair of these on a [email protected] ohms on one of my amps and they sound pretty clean for drop ins also.

Elmaton1230

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nov 18, 2019
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Easiest way to check door speakers take them out and use a AA battery with a wire positive wire to one side and other to negative of battery tape it hook to speaker, speaker should poop in and out every time you put the wires on to it if it don’t speaker no good use a new battery. That’s how I test speakers if I don’t have a expensive gadget on had.

OP
H

HAccordian

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nov 17, 2019
USA
Thanks guys!

Generally speaking, if tweeters work and the front door speakers do not, is it bad door speakers? What else could it be?

If Accord front door speakers are replaced with 6.5" 2 way speakers, do both the 2-way speakers and the existing dash tweeters produce the highs? If so, how would that sound?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds