Speaker Issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

afplayboy18
10+ year member

So....this journey starts with adding a sub to my 2015 Ford Fiesta.

I hooked up my LC2i and all of a sudden my front speakers stopped working. I got static for a couple days and then nothing...so, I pulled it back out and replaced all of the quick splices with butt connectors and heat shrink. My finest job yet!! However my front speakers and my sub wasn't working. I wasn't getting power from the battery to the amp so I checked the battery connection and apparently, 1 bolt doesn't work and one does, weird. So I got the sub bumping and the volume knob set up. It's bumping and I was happy.

But....the front speakers still didn't work. So I took the door off and about halfway off, a small box dropped out of the door. Wtf?! The tweeter also dropped out and landed on the ground still attached, lmao. Wtf again!! It turns out there is a digital designs box, tweeter, and speaker! Cool! But it was a **** poor job done. Someone made a round mount to mount the speaker to out of 1 inch mdf I'm guessing and screwed the speaker down with 3" inch wood screws but they are blown for sure. Looking for more I guess, 6.5s. Also need a real mount...

I raised the door panel to put it back on but the speaker cut out...so I lowered the panel and the speaker came back on. Back and forth, on and off.....I tested each wire by moving it but nothing cut it off by itself, only when I raise the whole panel. Lol.

Now to the passenger door...

same with the other door. i left the door speaker out of the driver door and hooked up the passenger door so it works... its pretty ghetto but i'll replace the speakers and leave the tweeters and crossover boxes.

sub's working good and sounds great!

are u gonna add an amp? if not just get pretty cheap comp set (may not have enough power to push good one) it'll come with xovers.. if u gonna amp them u can get better one, look at speaker db rating if u staying on hu power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.