First time using 6.5" 8ohm vocal speakers Need tuning help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Just put in some American bass sq6 vocals 300w each

On a newerr Rockford punch 600x 4 channel .

I plan to add a set of Rockford components shortly into my custom center console

As for now I'm running the vocals only with American bass 1" bullet tweeters and have no idea what I'm expecting to hear im looking for a good eq tuning reference guide either off the Pioneer nex headunit13 band eq alone or my amps settings . I don't know whats the standard settings for such speakers.

W hats gonna yield me the best results

In this scenario should i be running full pass on the vocal side and set the eq to 0 across the board

Any type of illustration and where my amp should be set for now would be great . When I add the components with crossovers on the last 2 channels I'll run high pass mode.

It's just been almost next to nevrr that I have had to figure out how to set a pure vocal speaker with a head unit and amp. I'm used to just components with crossovers and amp on high pass. I feel like alot of the sq quality will come in play with the right eq measurement

Thanks in advance

if you are using bullet/super tweeters, its GG if you have that NEX head unit. There's no way to make them sound as good as they should because the head unit does not have active network crossovers.

What do you mean GG?

And W hats wrong with nex head unit not having enough bells whistles to make anything sound good .are you referring to my sq6 6.5s

Or the super tweets?

The nex has alot of capability and I have a newer fosgate amp.

I just want to run the power to the sq6 interiors and adjust them on the eq or amo. What' don't I have that's missing .

These according to feedback get pretty loud and clear !

If you choose vocal as a preset it sounds bad. So I how do you set up such a speaker they are mainly vocal speakers..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.