Speaker help

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm confused lol. Some saying sensitivity is the key to loud some saying not to pay attention to it. Also would like opinions on whether you guys would pay like an extra 300$ to bump from 75w RMS x6 to 150 ish rms?

I would if you can get equipment to match. Mids and highs are so dynamic, high wattage is very intermittent. I had 200+w on 150 w speakers, cranking those 6.5 components up to keep up with my 2 18's. If you run significantly over power, just don't go to low with your HPF.

Update:

well, after the failed attempt to install the Heigh10 (somehow fried the ecu $900 later), I decided to have a shop do it. I finished wiring the us acoustics Barbara Ann and the old teramps. This morning I was able to figure out the rcas and tune it a little.

what I can say is….. WOW!! You guys weren’t kidding about the Polks matched up with the Barbara Ann. I still need to tinker with the gains a bit. However, this setup is LOUD. While adjusting the gains I had to plug one of my ears (other hand was turning :)

at lower volumes the polks sound a little off, almost like they are in a tube. However, when I turn it up they sound amazing. I have messed around with the equalizer on the Heigh10 and not really happy so far. I’m not sure if adding a dsp would help or not.
Thanks for all the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...