Speaker EQ Help. Too much 'vocal', need to balance out soundstage.

opfreak
10+ year member

car: Sunfire 2dr

Speakers pioneer ts-d720

Moutning: woofer in door panel, tweeter in I geuss the a piller (where the side view mirrors are).

Amp sony xm4045.

Doors are covered with second skin.

Fiance claims we hear too many vocals and not enough music. And now that she mentioned it, she's probably right.

How can I fix this? move tweeter? eq somehow?

guess it would depend on who the vocalist is as to what you need to turn down....some of the power metal I listen to has vocalists in the tweeter range I'm sure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

guess it would depend on who the vocalist is as to what you need to turn down....some of the power metal I listen to has vocalists in the tweeter range I'm sure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
lol...never considered that:wow:

This is the main reason I don't mess with my EQ too much. With vocals from bands like Edguy, Iced Earth and Into Eternity soaring up in the "whistle" range and others like Nevermore, Moonspell or Sentenced playing from the sub half the time, its impossible to get a decent balance for all music.

for my fiance's ears, when she's in the car, its mainly top 40 pop fluf I have to worry about.

As long as I can get those vocals down to hear more of the 'music' as she claims i'm golden.

This is the main reason I don't mess with my EQ too much. With vocals from bands like Edguy, Iced Earth and Into Eternity soaring up in the "whistle" range and others like Nevermore, Moonspell or Sentenced playing from the sub half the time, its impossible to get a decent balance for all music.

Nice choice in music!!! Now that Matt is back with Iced Earth the vocals won't be so high pitched

i had sort of the same issue, i keep everything flat when starting out and listen to a good selection of genre and age of recording. in the end, a cut in the mid down to -2 did the trick. i don't believe in boosting anything over +2, this comes from being at at home musician with a little recording studio. i'll cut before i boost anything.

I found one source of the problem, its less now, but better..

even though I set the eq's to flat, the old 'loundness' setting didn't rest and was still at low.

since it boosts both lows and highs at lower volumes, It made sense that when the radio was at a talking level. the vocals overwelgmed the music. Which is why at fist when I listened to the system louder, the peaky vocals, weren't as loud.

now i need to work to get back some of the low end/midbass range. that the 'loudness' did boost

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.