Speaker choice and installation help needed

Something to consider. If you are going to upgrade the speakers and looking for a nice brand, you wont really get to experience how nice they really are unless you run them on a seperate amplifier than the HU. As for brands, I can't tell you much without knowing your budget but I am a fan of Hertz, Image Dynamics,and some Focal. It would also be helpful to know what type of music you like in order to recomend a good speaker.

If you are keeping your stock head unit(or stock amplifier, if applicable), find out what the rms wattage per channel is and match it up. If it has components in the stock locations go with that. If not, find coaxials. I would suggest the Boston SE line of speakers. Excellent sound for wallet friendly prices, and they don't require a lot of power to sound nice. Crutchfield has them on sale, too.

If you are keeping your stock head unit(or stock amplifier, if applicable), find out what the rms wattage per channel is and match it up. If it has components in the stock locations go with that. If not, find coaxials. I would suggest the Boston SE line of speakers. Excellent sound for wallet friendly prices, and they don't require a lot of power to sound nice. Crutchfield has them on sale, too.
no bad advice man , if you have no stock components in the car now ,look at convertible components ,they will be your best option in that case not coaxils

no bad advice man , if you have no stock components in the car now ,look at convertible components ,they will be your best option in that case not coaxils
Sorry mylows... didn't know it was bad advice. He didn't mention anything regarding amplification or even a head unit, so I didn't want to suggest something that would end up being underpowered and thus ****** sounding.

coaxils should only really be used as rear fill and only off deck power in most cases. some of the higher end models will take an amps power , but not many.convertible components are still comps but can be used as coaxils,because you can mount the tweeter in the mid,so this way you get a much better set of speakers that will take the power needed to sound good

coaxils should only really be used as rear fill and only off deck power in most cases. some of the higher end models will take an amps power , but not many.convertible components are still comps but can be used as coaxils,because you can mount the tweeter in the mid,so this way you get a much better set of speakers that will take the power needed to sound good
what if he doesn't have power? no mention of anything powering them.... and most peoples ears aren't as spoiled as yours, lol. You get to hear extremely high quality on a regular basis and many people that come on here for advice on replacement speakers aren't looking to go that high-end.

That Car has 6x9 front and rear. You have to be careful on real deep 6x9 they may drag on window. If you are looking at a inexpensive solution You can absolutely run a coax all the way around. For the best sound look into converting your fronts to a 6.5" component and find a location up higher on the door sail panel or A-pillar for the tweeter. What is your budget? Plans for new stereo or addition of amp?

That Car has 6x9 front and rear. You have to be careful on real deep 6x9 they may drag on window. If you are looking at a inexpensive solution You can absolutely run a coax all the way around. For the best sound look into converting your fronts to a 6.5" component and find a location up higher on the door sail panel or A-pillar for the tweeter. What is your budget? Plans for new stereo or addition of amp?
i'd do the conversion of the 6x9 to 6.5 ,will sound way better.

what if he doesn't have power? no mention of anything powering them.... and most peoples ears aren't as spoiled as yours, lol. You get to hear extremely high quality on a regular basis and many people that come on here for advice on replacement speakers aren't looking to go that high-end.
there are some lower end models that will sound just fine and you'll still have the components . cdt has a set for 150 shipped

there are some lower end models that will sound just fine and you'll still have the components . cdt has a set for 150 shipped
Ive heard pretty good things about CDT. I would second the conversion from 6x9 to 6.5. It is pretty simple, Im sure you can even find a prefab conversion plate. Round cones just sound more natural

All of cdt's stuff looked like it was meant for more power than a stock system would give, but if you say so I would believe you.

Ive heard pretty good things about CDT. I would second the conversion from 6x9 to 6.5. It is pretty simple, Im sure you can even find a prefab conversion plate. Round cones just sound more natural
Plus, I don't see any 6x9's from them that are shallow mount...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.