Speaker/CD Player issue with sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gwuen

Hi. New to forums here, so I apologize if this isn't in the right area of the forums.

I recently purchased a used RAV 4 with a stock CD/Cassette player in it (2000 model), and while I always buy a new system eventually, I am not able to do so at present.

Anyway, I have an odd issue going on. The speakers work great when playing the radio, but when I pop a CD in, the sound goes in and out.

Because of this, I am going to assume there is nothing wrong with the speaker wires etc but the CD player itself. I have used a cleaning disc on it to no avail.

Once the CD has played for a bit, it stops, but once I start the disc over or pop a new on it, the sound sputters in and out for a least two songs, sometimes three.

Is there anything else I could possibly do or check for until I can afford to purchase and have a new system installed?

It's rather annoying because the radio stations around here are horrid! :p

Thanks for the help in advance, I really appreciate it.

Honestly I'd just say the only real solution is a new head unit... unless you have some good electrical background to fix the current unit. It sounds like the laser itself is going bad to me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.