Installing New Head Unit- Wiring Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tylr6024

Hello,

I am wiring a new pioneer head unit to my wire harness and have a few questions about some extra wires that do not match up color wise.

On the head unit I have:

Yellow w/ black stripe - Manual says it is for things that have a "mute" option. I am thinking I can leave this wire untouched

Orange w/ white stripe - Light terminal switch. Thinking this will be matched up with the wire that says "dash light" on the harness (correct me if I am wrong)

Purple w/ white stripe - Tells head unit when car is in reverse, thinking I don't need since I don't have a back up cam

On the Harness I have:

Blue - Power Antenna. Not sure if this should be left alone as I don't have a power antenna, or if it should be joined with the white/blue remote wire.

Orange - Again, I believe this would go with the "light switch terminal" wire on the head unit (correct me if I am wrong)

Orange w/ black stripe - Dimmer Ground. Not sure if this would be hooked to the normal ground wire, or somewhere else?

Also, do I have to actually ground the black ground wire to a metal area, or just connect the two ground wires? Sorry for stupidity, first head unit install. I will also be hooking the remote wire to a aftermarket amp if that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.