Speaker Cables Problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheeyaN
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Serbia
I am gonna amp my front components. Alpine SpR 17S powered with Alpine pdx 2.150.

This is the deal.. I drive an Opel Astra G,and i already deadend the metal and am out of material,there are two ways to put the wires but both are very ''dangerous'' and i can mess a lot more stuff up so after many tryes and frustrations i decided to stop the sharade.

Instead of that i hooked up on the stock wireing at the doors,and in the end hooked out on the same. Amp cables are 2.5mm2,and the stock ones are 0.5-1mm2.

Amp cables go about 4 metars,than the stock ones go 40 cm,and than again amp cables for about 50 cm to the crossover.

My question is next: What do i potencialy lose with this move? What is the downside of this if there is one?

I am really warried so please help,and i am SORRY for puting the measures in METRIC,i know u dont use it in the USA,but i know u'll get the point.

if the stock wiring can pass safely into the door then aftermarket cable can be as well. you may have to do a little work but it can be done. in one of my cars i just had to slightly widen an unused port on the molex connect at the door.

silver wire

100_1891.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.