speaker balance issue? I'm lost lol

Participant count
  • Participant list

nscheitler

so i recently put in an aftermarket pioneer head unit and i have noticed a problem with the speaker balance the last couple of days. When i have my fader/balance set to even between all 4 speakers the two front speakers crackle and pop when the bass hits, but when i have it set to only the front two speakers they sound nearly flawless. I'm very confused what could be causing this and was wanting to see what input someone else might have. Are my speakers blown or is it wiring?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Might also be a phase issue causing over excursion problems with the front speakers. Try unplugging the rear speakers and setting it to center balanced if the problem is not there hook up the rears with the terminals reversed and try it.

Positive and negative leads could be touching somewhere. Maybe loose connection(s) at the speakers itself, or a possible bad connection from the head unit harness wires to the speaker wires? I'd personally check the connections at the front speakers if you're comfortable taking the door covers off. Or if easier, double check that your speaker wire connections at the head unit are either crimped tight and/or connected and wrapped properly. What size are the two front speakers?

Edit: What size do you think the two front speakers are? We could tell you what stock speakers you have if you feel inclined enough to tell us the make, model, trim, and year (or generation) of the vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.