Infinity speakers not producing any bass

Participant count
  • Participant list

Casey95

Long story short, I just bought a car and the previous owner had installed two Infinity Reference 9623i speakers in the trunk and two in the front. The two fronts are smaller than the two in the back dash, not sure what sizes they are. Also a stock monsoon speaker in the middle of the front dash. Previous owner had an aftermarket amp but took it with him, leaving all the wire exposed and no sound coming out. I had it all wired up to the aftermarket Sony CDX-GT630UI stereo. Sound is coming out of all speakers, but I have absolutely no bass. There is a stock monsoon amplifier in between the speakers in the top of the trunk (I drive a 2005 Grand Prix GT) and it's hooked up as well. Do I need to purchase a better amp for more bass? I don't want it to wake up the neighborhood but I'd rather not listen to trebeled music.

Also, my auxiliary port is not working on the stereo. I've tried numerous cords. What could be causing that?

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.