Soundqubed vs Hifonics ?

what source? lol my ears and more amps than i can count... not too mention i have one car with all aq/and one car running hifonics as we speak...lol and correct sq/aq is budget gear to DD... but thats to big ballers that spend a ton on their rides... dropping 300-400 into single subs is not budget for me... hence why you always see me trying to trade... and i remember when hifonics wasnt maxxsonics....
So you can hear which amp puts out a cleaner signal? Cool

Yes, that's budget..

So you can hear which amp puts out a cleaner signal? Cool
Yes, that's budget..
lol lets pitty pat over words... can i hear a cleaner signal... idk... can i differentiate which one sounds better, runs cooler, doesnt have a ton of plastic bs on it.. and is more power friendly,,, YES AND ITS AQ/SQ...

lol lets pitty pat over words... can i hear a cleaner signal... idk... can i differentiate which one sounds better, runs cooler, doesnt have a ton of plastic bs on it.. and is more power friendly,,, YES AND ITS AQ/SQ...
Put that in the

StoryBasket-Small.jpg

It's not a tube amp to class D comparison..

AB and D sound different with higher frequencies because of the type of filtering and electrical damping.

Two class D's with the same circuitry will not sound different, lol

Put that in the
StoryBasket-Small.jpg

It's not a tube amp to class D comparison..

AB and D sound different with higher frequencies because of the type of filtering and electrical damping.

Two class D's with the same circuitry will not sound different, lol
not on your lil precious machines you test them on but in real world applications... you can tell... difference with voltage drops, lack there of, running hot, peaking out... the amps you know you can push a lil harder and the ones you cant... if you can do a direct swap and notice a difference... does it not sound different? see the difference is you guys with those big baller systems ... get those cheap amps as jokes and to play with... lets test it... OK test it... f the machine throw it in the trunk give it a few months, push it a few times and come back here and tell me you cant tell a difference...

not on your lil precious machines you test them on but in real world applications... you can tell... difference with voltage drops, lack there of, running hot, peaking out... the amps you know you can push a lil harder and the ones you cant... if you can do a direct swap and notice a difference... does it not sound different? see the difference is you guys with those big baller systems ... get those cheap amps as jokes and to play with... lets test it... OK test it... f the machine throw it in the trunk give it a few months, push it a few times and come back here and tell me you cant tell a difference...
you've obviously never read the **** ton of articles posted by experts explaining the limitations of the human brain in perceiving differences in comparable audio equipment accurately. if that clamp was from taylorfade it was probably legit but it could of been into hard clipping. provide me with actual evidence to support your claims of superiority and we'll have a serious discussion based on facts, not what your ears are telling you.

you've obviously never read the **** ton of articles posted by experts explaining the limitations of the human brain in perceiving differences in comparable audio equipment accurately. if that clamp was from taylorfade it was probably legit but it could of been into hard clipping. provide me with actual evidence to support your claims of superiority and we'll have a serious discussion based on facts, not what your ears are telling you.
I have no idea why this is still being fought over...

Depending on the hifonics series being talked about vs soundqubed amps cannot be argued.

They both will do the same on the meter if power matched by rated rms, but that will only last 1-2 seconds then the SQ amp will out do the hifi.

Both maybe rated 1 ohm, but mainly only the soundqubed amps can be run at .5ohm...

Do you know why this is true? Because it has been proven hifonics cheaps out on its internal hardware.

The hardware cannot keep up to soundqubed hardware. Regardless of what anybody's opinion is, it has been proven the truth and yes soundqubed is built better and by realistic results is better then hifonics.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Here we go again...

Sad day when it is now about "Korean built" meaning quality built...which it does now.

Funny how some companies brag about Japan made parts now when that used to be looked down upon.

It used to be about that something is junk when built in Asia and not the USA (and often not true)

Now it is which Asian country it is built in matters in how likely it is to be good or not so good...

Yes, so much Chinese made junk flooding the market....

But just like US made stamp did not mean well made, so does a Korean build house stamp not guarantee it is well made as it still using many Chinese...

When I was a JL Audio dealer, the fuss they made that although they had Chinese manufacturing, how different it was that they had Americans overseeing production vs almost everyone else.

Today, I don't think build location matters so much as the source parts.

Anyone remember the capacitor disaster that started 15 years ago which ruined so many electronics well into this century and not too many years ago?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

Sorry, I am old.

I still prefer Belva for the $$ to both of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go again...
Sad day when it is now about "Korean built" meaning quality built...which it does now.

Funny how some companies brag about Japan made parts now when that used to be looked down upon.

It used to be about that something is junk when built in Asia and not the USA (and often not true)

Now it is which Asian country it is built in matters in how likely it is to be good or not so good...

Yes, so much Chinese made junk flooding the market....

But just like US made stamp did not mean well made, so does a Korean build house stamp not guarantee it is well made as it still using many Chinese...

When I was a JL Audio dealer, the fuss they made that although they had Chinese manufacturing, how different it was that they had Americans overseeing production vs almost everyone else.

Today, I don't think build location matters so much as the source parts.

Anyone remember the capacitor disaster that started 15 years ago which ruined so many electronics well into this century and not too many years ago?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

Sorry, I am old.

I still prefer Belva for the $$ to both of these.
hmmm... if a area is know for good build houses... the whole places gets a good rep... which isnt always true... but more the most part it does thats why people hold on to it... lol i agree it more about the outsourced parts used for amp than build house... i never knew belva made amps... any links? may do a budget build with some?... ive ran their box line which seems to be most stout ive found on or about ebay/etc cheap... as far as prefabs go....

all numbers are from taylor fades caco test thread... so wait experts say my brain aint good enough to let me know what sounds better to me personally... that reminds me of the movie shallow hal... lmao..

all numbers are from taylor fades caco test thread... so wait experts say my brain aint good enough to let me know what sounds better to me personally...
Yes. Experts say you're an idiot for thinking the two amps sound different

hmmm... if a area is know for good build houses... the whole places gets a good rep... which isnt always true... but more the most part it does thats why people hold on to it... lol i agree it more about the outsourced parts used for amp than build house... i never knew belva made amps... any links? may do a budget build with some?... ive ran their box line which seems to be most stout ive found on or about ebay/etc cheap... as far as prefabs go....
belva bb 5000

On the other hand If anyone was on a budget, of course you can get a different budget amp thats only 200 dollars or less used and make a great budget setup. But anyone wanting performance and sound quality through better damping and efficiency, Its worth the jump. Its not always about the power numbers.

belva bb 5000

On the other hand If anyone was on a budget, of course you can get a different budget amp thats only 200 dollars or less used and make a great budget setup. But anyone wanting performance and sound quality through better damping and efficiency, Its worth the jump. Its not always about the power numbers.
you know what i think bigowdy ust to run those... like the sharks... sharks remind me too much of ap...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.