Soundqubed 8s

Participant count
  • Participant list

to benefit from
An amps beat efficiency, dual 2 ohm drivers in a 4 sub arrangement will enable a 1 ohm wiring. That said, a taramps 3k would be solid but you’ll want to beef up your electrical as must taramps 3k’s draw a max of 150 amps musically. A smart 3 would
allow you to go 1 ohm or 2 ohm at same output at a budget consistent with your substage

View attachment 23220
to benefit from
An amps beat efficiency, dual 2 ohm drivers in a 4 sub arrangement will enable a 1 ohm wiring. That said, a taramps 3k would be solid but you’ll want to beef up your electrical as must taramps 3k’s draw a max of 150 amps musically. A smart 3 would
allow you to go 1 ohm or 2 ohm at same output at a budget consistent with your substage
what do y’all think about skar rp2000.1?

at 600 rms per sub and (probably could take a bit more) the simple math is 2400 watts is what you need. I’d find an amp that gets you there easier. That rp 2000.1 will be at full tilt to get average power to those subs. After box rise you may realize 1500-1600 watts from that amp.

As I mentioned in another thread, the difference between 2000W and 3000W, in addition to definitely needing electrical upgrades to run, is only 1.5dB, that's 1 click on a 1-35 volume knob. AND that's considering no compression and perfect world conditions. It's also the difference between those subs should be pretty bullet proof with 2KW to the 4 as opposed to you will be pushing them right to the limit at 3KW.

Your call though. If you buy Brazilian buy from a reputable dealer or buy 3rd party warranty. I'd take Brazilian over Chinese myself.

As I mentioned in another thread, the difference between 2000W and 3000W, in addition to definitely needing electrical upgrades to run, is only 1.5dB, that's 1 click on a 1-35 volume knob. AND that's considering no compression and perfect world conditions. It's also the difference between those subs should be pretty bullet proof with 2KW to the 4 as opposed to you will be pushing them right to the limit at 3KW.

Your call though. If you buy Brazilian buy from a reputable dealer or buy 3rd party warranty. I'd take Brazilian over Chinese myself.
I’m about to order 2 of them and convert my box for my 10 to fit the 8 to break them in. once i get all 4 broken in, i’ll decide ... but i’m kinda with him. i’ll probably just under power them to be safe . i’d rather underpower and lose 1 db than overpower and have them explode

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.