Soundproofing front doors

In hindsight I think I should of bought whole sheets. I am not sure if the 15mm x 110mm tiles are going to work for big areas>
Better to over sound deaden than under, but most anything is normally superior to what car makers put in there. The tiles will work but full sheets might have been better.

John Kuthe...

Better to over sound deaden than under, but most anything is normally superior to what car makers put in there. The tiles will work but full sheets might have been better.
John Kuthe...
Thanks John.

I will take another look at the doors tmoro and work out if I need to order some more!

Thanks John. I will take another look at the doors tmoro and work out if I need to order some more!
Yeah, order more than you think you'll need. When you start applying it you will find it's amazing how fast your car will eat up sound deadener! I think I ordered 20 sq ft of Damplifier Pro and after installation wished I had gotten more.

Thing is, after you apply a little well placed sound deadener you will get a pretty dramatic improvement and as you add more you get better acoustics, but not as a dramatic improvement as that first application gave you. In my experience.

And I HAD a great thread on how I sound deadened the doors of my 2006 Grand Caravan:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/629451-how-i-sound-deadened-doors-my-2006-grand-caravan.html

until Facebook proved to be a lousy place to host pics! I'll be fixing that soon!

John Kuthe...

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.