Sound stream. Head unit Burning up!

Lennon Bishop

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 7 inch fold out soundstream . It's older cd dvd mp3 Bluetooth radio. It seems to be getting hot the other day it would not turn on . Yes it was hot outside but I have my amp and speakers disconnected at this moment. I do have after market 6 by 8 s n front doors and I haven't changed the back doors yet . But I have noticed this once before and I didn't have hem speakers in yet . Any suggestions.

A pic of the HUs cavity may help to make a suggestion on how to get some air circulation behind the unit. Ive usually chose an HU with a built in fan on the back of the unit or modified the cavity/(cut out the back plastics of the cavity ) to get some of that heat out from behind the unit. Ive even drilled holes in some of my past vehicles and placed a computer type fan if there was room. There is not much else that can be done other than these things mentioned

A pic of the HUs cavity may help to make a suggestion on how to get some air circulation behind the unit. Ive usually chose an HU with a built in fan on the back of the unit or modified the cavity/(cut out the back plastics of the cavity ) to get some of that heat out from behind the unit. Ive even drilled holes in some of my past vehicles and placed a computer type fan if there was room. There is not much else that can be done other than these things mentioned
I not around my truck right now but it's 99 f150 it that helps. It's not got alot of ventilation back there . I try to take doing my wiring seriously so I didn't think that . I appreciate the feed back I didn't know if maybe having only my front speakes after market could of done I've been seeing other people problems. Some people were asking about them different ohms maybe. I was just checking if it's me the stereo ground or something else. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...