Sound qubed let me down!! (For the first time)

I listened to it for a little while. Sounds pretty good, can get low. I think it may have been wired to 4 ohms not 1 though, I'll have to check it later. I am pretty sure there are better sounding woofers out there and there is some consensus as to what those look like on paper, but if you don't want to spend much...this is a no brainer.

At other points on the dial, the frequency shifts smoothly and at some it doesn't. Using both numbers and my ears to set the x-over point. It would matter either way. Not sure you can really convince anyone their preference is wrong. That amp just didn't do it for me and not just because of the x-over. I've since passed it on to a friend and they're very happy with it.
Never said anything about your preference. I am rather interested in how you're setting xover points by ear...

How do their subds sound? More SPL than SQ I assume? I listen to a lot of rock and am trying to decide on some subs.
I really like SQ subs for rock as they have a very punchy sound to them. I run an HDC4 18 in the daily and it does very well on fast double kicks. Wifey's mini van has 2 15" SDC 2.5's and she's an 80's metal head...

What amp/sub combo are you considering?

How do their subds sound? More SPL than SQ I assume? I listen to a lot of rock and am trying to decide on some subs.
I was right, they did wire it in series, that's why it didn't have as much output. Rewired it down to 1 ohm just now, much more output. It is very punch and is great for rock. It would be good for rap, too, and is pretty musical. I also listen to a lot of classical music, but not sure how it would handle that. It is pretty good sounding though.

Thinking about getting two HDS310's or 312's depending on the size of the box. It's for a 2001 Oldsmobile alero. As for the amp whatever pushes it the best and the most efficient more than likely 1 ohm. I have upgraded the electrical to handle about 2.5 to 3k.

There's a personal preference component involved in this, which the DMM can't gauge.
And you can't "gauge" what your xover points are by just guessing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Well to conclude what all ended up happening ...

Sq made me ship the faulty gear back to them before they would replace any of it ......got that done now the mix-matched set is having problems lost one of the tweeters due to MORE xover issues...Customer is as I type this Ripping out the SQ stuff and is going Alpine lol....bout to go help him he is a buddy of mine so no biggie but damm what a poor first impression this guy has with the company......

Will be staying with their amps and subs as well as the q-matt from now on.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.