Sound Quality Tournaments

Daniel
10+ year member

Caraudio.com
SFLA
Have any of you guys ever been to one of these? What are they looking for and how do they judge your system? Do they judge the way it looks, how loud it goes, ect.

I was thinking of getting into some of this stuff, what tips you guys have for someone who has never entered a sq tournaments?

im not positive but I think its based on your system eing able to hit like a perfect 135db, no matter what kinda music. Im really not sure though so dont hold me to it.

during an sq comp they put an RTA in your car...the objective is to get all your frequencies too make a flatline on the meter...judges also judge on imaging, midbass, width of stage, how high the stage is, system noise, tonal accuracy, etc...depending what class you are in you get judged on install ...you also get judged on safeness of wiring, etc....i could write out a whole list if i wanted to, but i don't feel like it...you get a certain amount of points for each category...you get points for being over a certain db to...but thats it for spl....who ever has the most points wins...much more interesting to compete in but crappy for the spectator....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.