Sound Quality peeps, what NEW SCHOOL 4 channel are you running and why?

A good SQ install doesn't use 4x6's. I just heard one the other night and not a single 4x6 was used. Instead, good old fashioned 6.5's, 3.5's and some tweets were used. Go to a sound competition and you won't find any SQ installs using any...
The 4x6 I have are actually a plate with 3” speaker and a tweeter!

Most people can’t. Tbh nobody can if power matched. Wasn’t trying to be a ****. Just get a amp that does rated power and won’t fall apart. 

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

They are the same thing. If cone area is equal you won’t know the difference.
Nope

There are some but not many because there's a dearth of quality 6x9s. That doesn't change the fact that it's a myth that oval speakers sound better or worse than round speakers.
Myth or not, nobody runs 6x9s anymore....that's an 80's thing. Get with the times bro.....use real speakers like 6.5" or 8". A lot of SQ even SPL installs use 6.5" speakers. Hell as large as 10" mids.

I need to start looking for an amp for my highs too, I've been holding off hoping I would run across some old school gem.

How much is that zapco? Seems like I remember that brand from back in the day.

I no longer use eBay or I would have found something by now.

There are some but not many because there's a dearth of quality 6x9s. That doesn't change the fact that it's a myth that oval speakers sound better or worse than round speakers.
Its not a myth, it soley depends on the speakers built but 95% of ovals out there are either below mediocre or trash so its a very fair generalization. Not everyone is smart enough to save up for an xs69. Like KHA just stated, beaming is a common issue with most 6x9s that arent designed optimally which is basically the whole market share. Name me a pair of 6x9 under 200 thats worth a d@amn.

I need to start looking for an amp for my highs too, I've been holding off hoping I would run across some old school gem.
How much is that zapco? Seems like I remember that brand from back in the day.

I no longer use eBay or I would have found something by now.
the lower end zapcos are like $150

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.