Sound Quality peeps, what NEW SCHOOL 4 channel are you running and why?

The owner is shady as F U C K, Screwed over his original buildhouse, screwed over the original amp designer, screwed over several people on warranty claims and their stuff isn't all that great that makes it worth overlooking all the negative poop. PLUS he says he wants to start shutting down the brand. Again... I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.
In all fairness no drama and bullsh*t aside, the amps work fine. Not including the old 4k and bigger amps that didnt have any board support but every other amp line made power and handled abuse well.

My CT 125.4 is a dang monster imo.

Just drove from VA to SC twice in the past two weeks and I played full hammer on my mids/highs all the way. Amp was barely warm.

I only paid $99 for it so that will have some play in the reason I like it so much.

I've had good experience with CT, others have not. They are mid-grade amps the price goes with the quality.

Just know that if you get an amp from them and it breaks, anything can really happen with the outcome. They could send a replacement in a week or just ignore you. Anythings possible and I've witnessed all the outcomes.

The thing is that with CT amps is that they underrated the AT and Team amps so much so people (me) went bananas when they (me) picked up a "4k" amp for 500. When really it should be a 4.5k that actually does about 48xx @ 1.

The AT 1400.1 did over 2k @ 1 and 13xx @ 2ohm. Like c'mon.

Smart move on them doing the exact opposite of what Boss does and underrating their amps so much so people think they are getting so much more than what they're actually getting.

But coleman is still a boner

In all fairness no drama and bullsh*t aside, the amps work fine. Not including the old 4k and bigger amps that didnt have any board support but every other amp line made power and handled abuse well.
Wasn’t ct sounds making and or designing a lot of theold eclipse audio and soundsplinter subs that are still pretty sought after?

Ok d bag take your ish to another post
Most people can’t. Tbh nobody can if power matched. Wasn’t trying to be a ****. Just get a amp that does rated power and won’t fall apart.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

I have yet to hear an oval speaker that sounds better than a round speaker.
They are the same thing. If cone area is equal you won’t know the difference.

the main reason oval vs round speaker debates aren't valid is because driver quality is limited for oval drivers. Very few companies have made quality components using 5x7 or 6x9 drivers. The primary concern with an oval driver is cone flex varies when the suspension isn't equal in distance, and the polar response varies based on orientation - consider the effect on "beaming". If the door speaker is oriented vertically it will sound differently than horizontally at the driver seat - all else equal.

There are many amps to choose from. $250 is a low budget, hard to build an "SQ" amp when the internals need to be that cheap, so i'd look for a used amp. Footprint usually matters as does input voltage range and desired crossover flexibility. What can you fit physically? The JL HD600/4 is a nice SQ piece but out of your range usually, would be a great used find. A JL 300/4 or 450/4 or similar slash series would be a good find. I'd also look at the Audison SRX 4 or Hertz HDP 4.

Wasn’t ct sounds making and or designing a lot of theold eclipse audio and soundsplinter subs that are still pretty sought after?
Right letters wrong order. TC Sounds did those subs, along with many of the great Subs from the 90's and 2000's.

This is false.
A good SQ install doesn't use 4x6's. I just heard one the other night and not a single 4x6 was used. Instead, good old fashioned 6.5's, 3.5's and some tweets were used. Go to a sound competition and you won't find any SQ installs using any...

A good SQ install doesn't use 4x6's. I just heard one the other night and not a single 4x6 was used. Instead, good old fashioned 6.5's, 3.5's and some tweets were used. Go to a sound competition and you won't find any SQ installs using any...
There are some but not many because there's a dearth of quality 6x9s. That doesn't change the fact that it's a myth that oval speakers sound better or worse than round speakers.

Most people can’t. Tbh nobody can if power matched. Wasn’t trying to be a ****. Just get a amp that does rated power and won’t fall apart. 

I get ya but dual?? Give me more credit then that at least say Rockford Fosgate prime series or audiopipe sheesh

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.